Saturday, August 7, 2010

7th Anniversary

A couple weeks ago Kevin & I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. I just so happens that it landed on the Monday night of VBS so I was at church running around like a cowgirl and Kevin was busy at the office with his treatment plans. SO...we made plans for that following Sunday & Monday. Kevin took a vacation day off on the Monday which was one of the best presents ever!  This year we decided to do everything we love....it was a total compromise on our anniversary celebration.  First, we went to church, where Kevin taught Sunday School. He was the substitute for our teacher & friend, Jeremy.  He did great.  Then we met my mom for breakfast and to drop Z off with her for the day & night. Thanks MOM!  Next we went to Branson.  We planned all of our events around things we love.
 Hil loves shopping....so we shopped.
Kev & Hil both love a yummy meal...so we had a 5-star dinner.
 Kev & Hil love a peaceful, evening in a hotel so we stayed on the Branson Landing in a room with a view.  While at the hotel we enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and a movie.  It was great!  Our theme was continued the next day. 
Hil & Kev love food so we enjoyed the breakfast buffet.
 Kev loves fishing....so we rented a fishing boat and went fishing. 
Hil loves to relax & read magazines...so she did just that! 
We had the best two days and enjoyed every second with each other. Again thanks to my parents for entertaining Z. He did not want to come home.  While we were gone he went to the movies with Grams, swam at Aunt Stephs, had dinner at Aunt Rachel & Uncle Matts, played at Grams & Pops, etc. He loved it!  Here are some of our pictures from our 7th anniversary date!
View from Candlestick Inn.....Amazing! 
Kevin & I shared the signature ceasar salad
Flash-fried bacon wrapped shimp.  OMG! This was amazing!
Hils Meal: Filet with the best bernaise sauce, broccolini and potatoes
Kevin's meal: Rack of Elk with broccolini & potatoes
My love! He's the best...even tough he does not like getting a close up picture taken he does not complain one bit because he loves me & because he knows I will take it anyway! HA!
Dessert:  Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie with Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream:  YUMMY!
Candlestick Coffee with a homemade cinnamon marshmallow. Loved it!
On the back porch....it looks like Kevin is hiding a suprise behind his back. Don't get your hopes up it wasn't something exciting...it was his sunglasses. 
This is one of my favorite pics.  Basically Kevin was saying..."hand the camera over...it's your turn to get your picture taken".
My turn...enjoying the back deck & view.
This was the view from our hotel room.  Amazing. The water & fire show took place ALL NIGHT.  It was great!
Monday: Boat/Fishin' day.  Just a personal note to myself...check boat out before pulling out of dock. This boat had broken chairs, no anchor, & no ladder on the back. Talk about disappointed. 
Swimming in the lake while Kevin was fishing
The Perfect Day
After I finished all my magazines I became the fish finder reader. I would get so excited when a fish swam on the screen.  I think Kevin is thankful that he does not fish with me on a regular basis :)
Note to self:  Buy my own life jacket.  This was what was on the boat so this is what I wore.  Not very fashionable.

The best part of our two day celebration was spending it with the man of my dreams.  I can't believe it's been seven years.  We have had the best time. I thank God daily for our marriage and pray for many, many more years together.  My cup runneth over!

2 comments:

Lori said...

LOVE this! Little getaways can just be such a great refresher! So glad you guys had such a great time.

Casey and Kim said...

This post had me laughing! First of all are you aloud to swim while he's fishing? I guess I always heard that that would scare the fishies! You look so cute in your black and white outfit AND in your orange life vest! It looks like you had a lovely get-a-way doing stuff that you both love. I can't wait to see your posts about joining Kevin Hunting! Oh I have an idea: Casey could join him hunting and you and me could go shopping?! See what Kev says about that... No, wait till you go, then give him that idea, otherwise there won't be a really great going hunting post! Did Kevin catch any by the way?! Happy 7th anniversary. You both look great!