Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Making Memories with Z

On Monday, Zachary started his third year of preschool.  I have been super worried about this day because Zachary told me one hundred times that he was done with school and was never going back. Not sure why he got an attitude about school because he really does love it. However since summer break he says he does not need school.  I have been praying that he would wake up with a positive attitude and a willing spirit to go to preschool.  God answered my prayers.  On Monday, he woke up excited! He could not wait to go to his new class and see his teachers.  This year he has Ms. Christine & Ms. Jen.  We are lucky because Zachary had Ms. Jen his first year at RidgeKids. We love her! 

Because Zachary misses the kindergarten cut off he will go to preschool in two more years.  His class this year is full of kids that have August, September, October & November birthdays.  I was a little nervous because all of his friends from his previous years at school are in Pre-K.  They were older than he was. His class this year is pre-pre-K! They are teaching him independence.  The class motto is to try everything by yourself first. If you need help one of the teachers will help but they really want the kids to do things on their own (open their lunches, open juiceboxes, put away backpack, etc) I am so thankful that he as two more years before entering school because that means I get him at home 2 more years and he will be one of the oldest in his class.  When I look back at his first year of preschool, I can't believe I sent him. He looks SO little! 
Zachary & Daddy
Zachary & Mommy

I am so thankful that Zachary goes to such a wonderful preschool. They teach him his ABC's, 123's, how to write his name, music, sign language, gym, cooking, and sciece BUT most important they teach him about Jesus and the Golden Rule.  The preschool is centered around Christ.  We are so lucky to have him in such a great preschool! 

Ms. Christine showing Zachary where to put his lunch box.
Pulling his folder out of his backpack...all by himself!
Zachary immediately found his name and started on his project. I tried to get him to turn around but he would not look at me. I really wanted a pic with his teachers but he was too busy working.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love how you put the pics side by side. He does look so little! Even looking back a year ago how much smaller they can look. Oh yeah, you and Kevin just keep looking better and better every year! :)