Sunday, September 19, 2010

Where have I been?

Well, the main question is where HAVEN'T I been?  The past three weeks have been an absolutely ZOO around my house, my husbands work, and in my life.  I have been running...not physically running, but running around from 5 a.m. until around 11 p.m. when I am absolutely delirious.  I have always classified myself as a "busy" person but the past three weeks was BUSY!  The past three weeks have been filled with our normal daily activities, added activities/errands that helped my husband out tremediously, stress from some mild melt-downs from me...not my soon-to-be four year old, but  I SURVIVED and I am back to my blogging.  

You probably didn't even notice or miss me but I sure did miss my daily blog reads and doing my own blog.  Is it fair to say that typing my family blog is a hobby?  Well it is to me. I love tracking our daily life and capturing our memories on this blog.  One of the main reasons I do it is so that I can submit it to a book printing website to print an entire year in our blog.  To be honest...a lot of what I have done in September of 2010 will not be documented in our family blog book because it deals with my husbands work and I do not like to publicize it for the whole wide world to view. In fact I have thought about going private so that I could include this aspect of my life in my blog however I think that sounds too confusing.  Any of my blog readers have a private blog? How do you do it? Who do you invite, etc?  I love meeting people though my blog so I really do not want to close it down to private because I would never get to meet new blog friends?  This is where suggestions or comments are welcome.

Well, that was a long way to say I am back. But I AM BACK.  I am going to do my best to blog more. I think my life is starting to return to our normal.  Come back for some new updates!

2 comments:

Lori said...

YAY for being back! I feel the same way about my blog. I miss doing it if its been a more than a few days, but sometimes it takes all I have to get one wrote. Its hard to sit down and do when your life if crazy. I know you guys have been super busy, but we (your blog readers) are glad your back!

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you're back, Hil!

And I share your concerns about having a public family blog. Nick and I have discussed making ours private, but we always go back to two things. 1) Many of our family members aren't super computer savvy, so password protecting our blog would effectively cut off many of our aunts and uncles. 2) Creepers are out there. And creepers can find a way to access your blog if they really want to, whether it's password protected or not.

So for now we're still public. I will let you know if that changes. :)