Monday, September 20, 2010

Fishing with my boys

I know I post a lot of pictures of my family fishing, but in our family you can never have enough fishing pictures. Right?  A couple Sundays ago, Kevin & Zachary were icthin' to go fishing.  After making a few phone calls to our local friends with a fishing pond and no one was home. We decided to try a local trout farm that is within 10 minutes of our home. It was a unique experience and a wonderful afternoon. 
Basically how it worked was you could catch & release for an hourly fee OR you could pay for your fish by the pound.  It was the EASIEST fishing I have ever done. It was amazing to be able to see the fish under the water going straight to your bait.  You could see them fighting for it. 
We caught over 20 fish but decided to only keep 3 of them for our healthy dinner.

These next two pictures are of Kevin's hands bringing in our fish.  I love pictures of hands. I know it's kinda weird but I cherish pictures of my loved ones and their hands that do so much for me.
My two boys enjoying a beautiful afternoon
Our catch!
Back at home grilling our catch. It doesn't get much fresher than this. Hello Omega-3 Fatty Acids, right? I love the look on Zachary's face. He is so proud of himself for catching and cooking our dinner.

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Hey girl! I bought the cider at a local grocery store called Market Street. Even though it was purchased in Texas, it tasted much like authentic Michigan cider. Have a great day!!