Tuesday, September 21, 2010

3 boys at 3 stores with 2 dino books

The other day I had the priviledge of having three boys for the afternoon.  I had my son, Zachary and my two wonderful nephews, Elliott & Jerrytt.  I had some errands that I needed to run so I just took them with me.  Boy, was I blessed. I really think they were on their very best behavior because they wanted me to see how "easy" it was with more than one child so that I will have another one. HA! No just kidding. They really did great in the stores.  We went to three places....Kinkos where we pretended they worked for me at the copy machine. Both Elliott & Zachary had a blast making the copies and runing them to me to cut them. Meanwhile Jerrytt slept in his carseat. I thought well..that went good lets go to store #2. SONIC...not really a store but it was 1/2 price drinks and I knew Jerrytt's hunger time bomb was about to go off.  So we got sonic slushes and fed Jerrytt at the same time.  Again the boys were EXCELLENT! Next stop store #3....  Gordmans...yes I took two 4 year olds and a 5 month old to a store that has a ton of home furnishings and breakables. Needless to say a very little bitty cart to place a baby carseat on.  We survived!! The boys were so good that I told them they could pick out a pair of new pjs & book for each of them.  They found these dinosaur bone books that I thought was a great steal.  Zachary & Elliott could not wait to return to my house to put them together. The only problem was that I needed to fix dinner because my sister was coming to pick them up and to be honest.... I DID NOT WANT TO BE THE ONE HELPING THEM PUT TOGETHER A MILLION DINO BONES. No thank you. 

I felt bad for not doing the books but I thought it was definitely a task for a son & father.  So after dinner and after my nephews went home, Kevin & Z put together Mr. Dinosaur.  Kevin said it was easier than he thought it was going to be.  

Here is the final product: 

Z loves him and talks to him like he is alive.
After the dino was completed it had to do everything Zachary did. It watched Z take a bath. It watched Z have a snack. It watched Kevin read to Z and finally it watched Z go to sleep. Until Zachary called me into his room to remove him because he was scared.  Crack me up!  Kevin and I are still shocked that the dino is still in one piece.  I think it was well worth the $1.50 I spent.  I hope Elliott likes his as much as Zachary does.  :)

1 comment:

Casey and Kim said...

He looks big in picture #1!