Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to my BIG 4 year old!




I can remember how nervous Kevin & I were on our way to the hospital.  We had no idea that the little mover & shaker inside my body was going to be a charming, hilarious, fun-loving, smart, creative little boy.  In the past four years my heart has grown 100 times its size because of the love I have for Zachary.  Of course, there are times when he frustrates me with his determined spirit mainly because it is in the way of MY determined spirit.  I'm so proud of the little man he is becoming.

Here is what Zachary is doing at 4 years old:
What he likes to be called:  Zachary..it used to be Zachy.
Favorite Color:  Green (he has loved Green since he was one)
Favorite Food: McDonald's Cheeseburger & Apple Dippers
Favorite toys:  Anything that involves Super Heroes (Spiderman, Batman, Ironman), Dinosaurs, Animals, Laser Guns, and Cars.
His lovey: Pig Pig the Pink Pig
Birthday Plans: We are having a family & friends birthday party at Incredible Pizza (tonight) to celebrate his special day. The funniest thing about the party is the theme.  Zachary insisted that we have a Go! Diego Party.  He likes Diego but it's not really his favorite thing like super heroes, Toy Story, Dinos, etc.  When I talked to the cake lady about making his cake she said lets do a pizza cake since it is a pizza place.  When I told Z he cried. He insisted the cake have a huge Diego on it.  So the cake will have a Diego on it.  I want him to be happy but I'm still surprised we are doing a Diego party. 
My mom and I think he picked it because they had Deigo masks at the party store. 

Other Facts about Z:

*When he grows up he wants to be either a Veterinarian or a Dentist (it depends on the day).

*Zachary LOVES to do projects whether it is painting, using glue, sissors, glitter, stickers, etc. He LOVES them. 

*He pretends that he is on a football team.  Daily he tells me that I have to take him to football practice after school and that I have to wash his stinky uniform. I think he got this from my cousins Austin & Wade. What is funny is that he absolutely believes 100% that he plays high school football.

* Zachary also pretends he is in a "VAND" aka a BAND.  He is the vocalist and the guitarist. 

*He LOVES to be read too. His favorite books right now are anything Bernenstein Bears, Pout Pout Fish, If you give a Pig a Pancake, and a Super Hero I Spy book.

*Zachary gets scared really easy.  He does not like to go into any room by himself.  He is afraid someone is in there. So we always have to go in the bathroom to turn on the lights first.  Very annoying but it is something we are working on. I don't like to see my little boy scared or fearful. 

*Zachary also gets his feelings hurt very easy.  He does not like to be teased or made fun of.  I don't blame him.

*Zachary still thinks he is a comedian. He laughs at his own jokes and continues to have the most contagious belly laugh I have ever heard. 

*He is really good with his manners....most of the time.  When leaving the table he asks to be "excused". I love that he is learning to be polite.

It's hard for me to believe that he is growing up. I feel so blessed to be his mommy. May God grant me 60 more years with him. 

No comments: