Monday, August 9, 2010

Babysitting a cow!

My in-laws called me the other day to tell me they were cow-sitting. For real! Someone in their church had a 3 week old calf and it needed bottlefed while they were out-of-town. Of course, we had to see it. 
The 3 week old calf
PaPaw & Zachary feeding the baby
Z is lovin' this
Opps!  The calf pulled the bottle out of Z's hand.  I love this picture because Z is backed into the corner, hiding because he is scared.
Back at it after the bottle dropping.
Zachary also got to go in the chicken coop to look for fresh eggs.
MaMaw & Zachary with the fresh eggs. 

I have to add this story for my memory. I took rubber boots out to the farm to put on when we got out of the car. My mother-in-law said that I did not need them. It was hot out there and she convienced me that I did not need them. Wish I would have put them on. While I was taking pictures of Zachary feeding the calf, the calf stepped backwards and stepped on my bare foot in flip flops. OUCH! I seriously had to bite my tongue so that I would not make a scene. I was holding back tears. Kevin knew that I was hurt because I stopped taking pictures. HA! Let's just say my two baby toes got fat & bruised. I am pretty sure they were broken. Let me recommend something...if you are going to a farm no matter what everyone says, take rubber boots & wear them!

No comments: