Thursday, June 3, 2010

Making everything look pretty

Zachary and I love being outside.  We thought we would tackle the front flower bed this week. Little did I know what a task that it was going to be.  Some of our plants were dead from the winter. Luckily I had saved our reciepts from a local home improvement store and since they guarantee their plants for 365 days I had about 15 days left to get a full refund.  Jackpot!  We pulled the dead plants took them back and got some new ones.  Here are the before photos...

My excellent helper. Seriously this little man loves to help his mommy.

My hair stylist, Lesley which happens to be a very dear friend of mine gave Zachary this John Deere gator. Lesley's twins, Payton & Garrett used and loved this J.D. Gator and they wanted someone else to love it like they did.  They knew how much Z loves JD so they thought it was perfect for him.
  They gave it to us and Zachary is forever grateful.  We use it almost daily whether it be for a ride or to haul something. During this project it came it really handy because we would load it up  and Z would haul it over to an area where it was okay to dump it in our cul-de-sac. 


After photos:  Our flower boxes
After: Flower Bed
After: Flower Pot

After:  Me a sweaty mess!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks really great, worth all the hard work you poured into it. I am to the point where I HATE to plant anything in our ground, because its SOOOO rocky! Everything looks so good, and inviting!