Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to Zachary's "girl" and partner in crime...CHARLEY!

Charley & Zachary have been best pals since Zachary was born. They never really had a choice.  Charley is 3 months and one day older than Zachary.  They have always played very well together and enjoyed each others company.  Charley's fourth birthday is TODAY! Happy Birthday Charley!  We celebrated Charley's birthday a week ago at a local bounce house and it was a blast! 



I love this picture of Z & Charley. Zachary has recently acted like a total boy. He loves being around Charley but he plays a little hard to get.  Meanwhile Charley loves to chase Zachary. 

So when I was looking through some of my pictures...I found this one and had to share.  It's funny because even though Charley is 3 months old she is still "eyeing" Zachary.  Meanwhile he is still not even paying attention.  These kids are going to hate me by the time they graduate from high school. HA!

Charley's Dora & Boots Cake....YUMMY!

Charley & Mel.....Charley's birthday always reminds me of when Mel was diagnosed with breast cancer.  It has been two years. I remember at Charley's 2nd birthday the mood was somber.  Of course Mel & Wasson tried to make it fun but the thought of surgery, chemo, and cancer kinda put a damper on the party. Thank you God for the past two years of Mel being healthy. 
Charley & Wasson....Charley's 1st Love.
Zachary & Elliott getting ready to sing Happy Birthday!
Zachary loved playing in the inflatables! He was a sweaty mess!  So in between jumping and running around he would sit and "play" the video games. I say "play" because he has no idea how to play video games. We don't have anything like that so he thought it was cool. 
Kevin & Z playing games & cooling off!

This last picture cracks me up. Charley is a very animated & dramatic little gal. Her enthusiasm is contagious.  While opening her presents from her party guest she would get so excited & hug each of them.  It was a riot!.  When she would open some gifts she would let out a squeal and do a little dance.  Here is the reaction after opening something that she really loved.  She was in shock and so excited!  Personally this is how I felt after eating the biggest slice of that cake. I was in heaven!

Happy Birthday Charley. We LOVE you!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Thanks Hil! It is hard to believe that it has been 2 years since I was diagnosed. Praise God for good health! I truly value our friendship. I am so blessed to have such an awesome best friend. I can't wait to watch our kids grow up together!