Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010

After church we went to a local chinese establishment to celebrate Father's Day with our Lemon's family.  While we were there we also celebrated my Ruey & Freddy's 62nd wedding anniversary, as well as, the June Birthday's.  I love that our family gets together often to visit. 

I just feel so blessed to have my dad. He is the best dad in the world.  He has always be there for me.  Whether it was a choir concert or a Volleyball game (even though I sat the bench) he was always there with my mom to support me.  I can remember the summer before I left for college my dad and I would wake up at 6 am to walk the neighborhood and exercise.  On those walks my dad always offered advice and encouraged me. He calmed my fears about moving away for college, about getting a roomate, and about college.  He was right about everything.  When I became sick during my senior year of college he was my rock.  My mom and him would go to all of my doctors appointments and he would reassure me that everything was going to be okay....no matter what the outcome.  He is very giving and kind. He has a funny sense of humor and is the best joke teller/story teller in the world.  I am so blessed that I have gotten to see him as a grandpa/POPS.  He is the best.  He loves his grandkids so much and is always willing to help with them. In fact, Zachary thinks POPS is the best bath giver in the world. Zachary is always telling me I am not giving him a bath the right way because I am not singing Pops songs.   Thank you Dad for always being there for me and Rachel.  You are the best! 


Today we also are celebrating my husband.  He is the BOMB! Seriously, Kevin amazes me with how much he does for our family. I loved him when we got married but I found out I REALLY loved him when Zachary was born. When I see him with Z my heart melts.  He is always putting Zachary & I first. Our needs before his.  He is a godly husband and father and for that I am thankful.  Kevin we love you! One reason that Kevin is such a good father is because he had a great role model....my father-in-law Marv.  Marv is such a good Father-in-law and has always treated me like I was his own daughter.  I am blessed to have a wonderful Dad, Husband, and Father-in-law.  Happy Father's Day to all the DAD's out there! 

No comments: