Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Salute to Nurses...Salute to my mom!

Today my mom was honored for her hard work and dedication as a school nurse. It all started back in May when our local newspaper ran an ad to nominate a nurse for a job well done. Well, my dad and I submitted our nomination forms for mom and that was it. About a month ago my mom was notified that she was one of six finalist for the Nurse Award. Mom was shocked! The newspaper received over 150 nominations and mom was chosen by the Missouri State Nurses Association as a WINNER! Today mom was honored at a very nice luncheon and she recieved the "Community Outreach Nurse of the Year Award". My mom has a gift and passion for children, whether they are sick or not. Some of moms students just need a hug, others need a bandaid, and then some need some serious help. Mom is always there for her students. Whether it is finding them the finacial resources to go the the doctor or dentist or if they need her assistance in being safe at their house mom will do whatever it takes to put the students best interest first. For most of her students she is the only "Jesus" they will ever see. By her actions she shows Gods Love for them. Whether they are rich, poor, sick, or healthy she loves them like they are her own.

This was a HUGE poster board in the lobby of the hotel showing mom's photo and part of the essays.
Ruey and Freddy drove over to attend the luncheon and support mom. They are the best!


My mom's principal Mr. Callaway, My mom, and My moms boss, Jean Grabeel
OUR TABLE: Mr. Callaway, Rachel, Matt, Kelli, Me, Dad, mom, Ruey, and Freddy
Mom's award on the big screen
Superintendent of the school District, Mr. Norm Ridder, Charlotte Roberds, Mom, and Jean Grabeel

Our family super proud of all of moms hard work!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh, that is AWESOME! Congratulations, Sharon! That is such an honor.

And Hilary, pat yourself on the back for submitting your mom's name. That was an awesome thing to do. Your description of your mom's devotion to her students brought tears to my eyes. I am sure it did the same to the judges on the selection panel! :)