Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Zachary!

Our little boy is officially THREE years old! It's hard for Kevin and I to believe. Today Zachary is taking iced sugar cookies to his class and then we are going to take him out to eat at his favorite place tonight. I thought I would share some "Zachary-isms" in honor of his birthday.

Zachary's weight: 35.5lbs (75 percentile)
Zachary's height: 38.5in (90% percentile)
Shoe Size: 8
Clothing size: Pants 24 months or 2T
Shirts 3T or some 4T
*Z has a very long torso. He is super skinny but he has the longest waist causing his shirts to ride up.

Zachary's favorite things: John Deere Tractors, Trains, Planes, and Buzz Lightyear

Favorite book(s): The Pledge of Allegience and Building Book

Favorite song(s)to sing: God Bless America, Boomerang Express,
I'm Proud to be an American, and B-I-B-L-E.


Favorite color: Green

Favorite food: Burger & fries

Everyday sayings from Zachary:
"What you guys talking about?"
"Can I hold you?" (meaning he wants to be held)
"We'll see..."

Zachary can recite: The Pledge of Alliegence

Zachary can tell you his full name, his exact birthday. He knows all of his grandparents, aunts & uncles, and parents full names however, he thinks his dad's name is Honey. Too funny!

Zachary's birthday wish: He wants either a dog or a sister....I doubt he will get either :(


*Zachary will not let anyone say the blessing before any meal. He thinks that God only wants him to say it. Whatever you do do not say Amen. If he hears someone else say it he will start all over with the prayer and he finishes with his lone AMEN!

I feel so blessed to be Zachary's mom. At times he is the most loving little boy ever. At other times he is the funniest three year old I have ever seen. He loves to entertain and be the center of attention. You can often find him with a box on his head or doing something silly which will cause Zachary to have the best "belly laugh".
Zachary 4 days old

Zachary's 1st Birthday!


2 Years old!

3 Years Old!
Happy Birthday Zachy! We love you SO much.

P.S. When you ask Zachary if he wants to be called Zachary or Zach he says, please call me Zachy. That will only last a few more years, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zachary! We hope you have an awesome day. Maybe daddy will bring you home a girl puppy, and then you will have both your birthday wishes. We miss you!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday Zach!!!! Thank you so much for being my friend. While my parents are in Vegas can I come spend the night at your house? Have a good day Zach!

Love,
Charley

Aubrey said...

Happy birthday, Zachary! Loved the favorites and teared up over the photos of him growing up. It happens so darn fast! Keep praying, little man. God is listening and he loves everything you have to say.

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

I love you Zachy! You are everything I ever dreamed you to be. You are a blessing to us everyday! Happy 3rd Birthday!!!

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

From my past experience (with a "call-me-Nicky" boy), you are right; that won't last long. However, mom's and grammy's and aunts can sneak it in forever, and he will not mind - as long as it is not in front of his friends too often. In fact (from my experience with a Nathan "Sweetie"), he kind of likes it and appreciates it more the older he gets (again - just as long as the mother uses these terms in private). I say, it's all about love - no matter what name you use.