Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crunchy Boy!

So last night Kevin, Zachary, and I were driving around town in Kevins truck. Kevin and I are discussing our day when Zachary intruppted with, "Can I listen to the Crunchy Boy song, PLEEEEEEESE, Daddy?" I looked at Kevin and said, "what song is that?"

See Kevin and Zachary listen to all of Kevin's old c.d.'s when they are headed to places like Bass Pro and McDonalds. Kevin makes up short titles for Kevin's favorite songs in order for Zachary to like the song. Zachary usually wants his kids c.d.s but Kevin tries to "trick" Zachary into liking his old school country music.

Okay back to the story....Zachary says it again, "Can I please listen to the Crunchy Boy song?" Kevin pauses and thinks. Then it comes to him. Zachary is requesting....Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams. Not the best song for a three year old to hear but Kevin loves it and I guess Z does too. We put in "Crunchy Boy" and then we hear Zachary say, " I am a Crunchy Boy, right?"


I am still laughing. Zachary really does think he is a Country Boy. Here is the most resent picture of Zachary. I'll let you decide.




Also a disclaimer****You'll notice Zachary without his shirt or pants on in a lot of our pictures. He is SO HOT Natured it is not even funny. He gets hot and sweaty all the time. In the car Zachary plays "freeze out" with me because he needs cool air and I am freezing.

4 comments:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Yeah, I think you've got yourself a rootin' tootin' real live crunchy boy in Z.

Aubrey said...

I am CRACKING UP about your precious little "crunchy boy." Kids really do say the darndest things. :)

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

I love that Crunchy Boy! Please do not forget that Lucas used to like his cowboy boots....and Jams(those awful shorts) to go with them.

And be thankful Z doesn't run around naked like Lucas and I used to do. Ahh, the joys of a farm.

Holly said...

Hahah what a cute story! Kids say awesomely funny things sometimes! :P