Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First day of Preschool for 2009-2010

Well Zachary is back to preschool. He started on Monday. We met his new teachers a week ago. Mrs. Shaunna and Mrs. Sara. Ever since I found out who his new teachers were going to be I have added them to my daily prayer list. I have been praying for Zachary, his classmates, his teachers, and his entire preschool. You know for safety, a good school year, positive attitudes, lots of learning, and most importantly learning more about Jesus. From the time I met these wonderful ladies I knew that God was working in them. It was apparent at the Open House and on Zachary's first day of school that they are women of God.

On the first day, Zachary woke up ready to go. He could not wait to put his back pack on and head out the door. Of course we had to take the "annual" back to school picture on the porch. Once we arrived at school, Z was pumped. He took me to his room, walked in, and went straight to his toys. No looking back. No goodbye, and No hug. I was sad but I knew that this was the best case sceneario. He was comfortable, happy, and safe. He is growing up right before my eyes. I am so proud of him. When I returned to pick him up I had a wonderful conversation with his teacher, Mrs. Shaunna. She was so postitive. Zachary gave her a big hug and a kiss....this is huge because he does not always give kisses. She told me that Z had a smile on his face the entire morning and that he was pleasant. I can only continue to pray for a good year and thank God for his blessing of a wonderful first day of preschool .

Zachary's Annual Pose (age 2 years 11 months)

Look at the difference....Last years first day of school (age 1 year 11 months)
Sportin' the new backpack
He was so proud that he could wear it.
Daddy and Zachary
Mommy with her big boy!

.

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Z is sure growing up. What a difference a year makes.