Tuesday, September 15, 2009

5 years and still counting....

It was five years ago today that Kevin opened up his office. My how fast those years have gone. It just seems like yesterday that we were moving into our duplex and trying to figure out how to start our own business. God has truly blessed us during these five years. One of our blessings is a wonderful woman named Barbara. She was Kevin's first and only employee during his first year in practice. She did it all...answer phones, file insurance, develop x-rays, clean, etc. We laugh about it now but seriously it was just Kevin and her in the quiet office four days a week. Now I think both Kevin and Barbara secretly wish for a quiet day in the office. So in honor of the five year anniversary Zachary and I took the lovely ladies and Kevin lunch at the office. We also wanted to bring a little something to Barbara for her wonderful five years of service. She is the best!
Kevin and Barbara

Kevin and his wonderful team

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Austins! It doesn't seem like it's been 5 years already! It's been three years since I enjoyed sporting Austin Ortho hardware - wow. I don't know about that gift you got for Barbara though. When someone says they want a bag from Coach, I don't usually envision a paper one. I guess it matches her lab coat though.

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

And they are all women. Keran would say that is the only way to go. I believe he hired his first male employee about a year ago. Lucas says that dad only hires 'attractive' women to work with....

Congrats Hil and Kev! I am proud of your success!