Friday, April 24, 2009

Women of Joy!



This past weekend started with a wonderful Christian's women event. Women of Joy is a weekend conference to motivate, encourage, and bring women closer to Christ. This weekend books a year in advance because it is SO amazing. On Friday night the guest speaker was Kirk Cameron. You know Mike Siever from Growing Pains. He was also the lead actor in the new movie FIREPROOF. The entire auditorium of 300 women went nuts when he walked out on stage. He looks the same now as he did back in the 90's. Anyways he shared his personal testimony on how he used to be athiest until he found Jesus when he was on the scene of Growing Pains. He now is a man of God. He choses to put Christ 1st in his life and marriage. It was a wonderful night with my girlfriends from my church and wonderful praise music. I did not attend the Saturday and Sunday part of the conference because of my dear friend, Rosalyn's wedding. I would not have missed her wedding for the world. I heard the rest of the conference was AWESOME and I have booked my ticket for next year. If you are interested in this conference check out Women of Joy online.

1 comment:

Jennifer Horgan said...

Oh my goodness - It's Mike Siever!!! I loved him on growing pains!!!