Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm a BIG BOY now!

I have been waiting to write this blog for over a week now because I did not want to jinx myself. But Zachary is OFFICIALLY potty-trained. I have heard for the past year that it is super difficult to potty train a child...especially a boy. I think the reason that Zachary is potty trained at 2 1/2 years is because I did not care if he was or not. Sounds like I am a bad parent. To be honest....it is much easier for me to have him in diapers than to have the inconvenience of taking him to the potty all the time. So I have had a very laid back attitude about it. Z is the one that wanted to be potty trained. He pretty much did it all by himself with a little help from the ELMO video and I think seeing his friends at preschool being in big boy or girl underwear helped too. It also helps that his best friends, Elliott & Charley were going through potty training at the same time. So without further ado I introduce my son the "BIG BOY" doing his Happy Dance on his bed. He is happy because he is wearing big boy pants that have guitars on them. He is also happy that he does not wear diapers any more.




Now the only thing I need help with his how to better his aim. Any suggestions from those mommy's with little boys. I feel like I need to mop my bathroom floor all the time. Please discuss amongst yourselves.

8 comments:

Melody said...

You go girl!!!! I'm so happy that Zachary is potty-trained for you! No more diaper expense! Good Job Zachary!

Lori said...

I've heard that cherrios in the toilet work good for targets for them to aim for.
I am the same way about potty training, I'm not stressed out about it, when it happens it will happen. I just hope I have a good transition like you did once we go to big girl underwear.

Melmom said...

Buddy wants some of the guitar underwear!

thetoothchick said...

Yeay! I am so happy for you, Hilary. You have a little over-achiever on your hands. Like father . . . like son.

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

The over achiever like dad...the struting around in your underwear with a crazy hat on...100% like Mommy! I love my nephew. The best of both world.

Jennifer Horgan said...

Be careful where these pictures land in the future Z! They may be pulled out at your wedding!

Casey and Kim said...

.. invest in some good bleach cleaner, gloves and a favorite mop. Feel free to throw out the bathroom rugs after 100 washes. Good times, oh and by the way, it only improves slightly in the next 6-8 years :(

Way to go Z!!

Brooke said...

Hey Hilary! We use a step stool for Owen and make sure it's right in front of the potty...that seems to work because I haven't had to clean up pee yet and he's been potty-trained since December! Good luck!