Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom! (and Grammy)




Today is my mom's birthday. Without my mom I would not be the person I am today. She has always been a fun, creative, self-less mom that ALWAYS put her kids and now her grandsons first. She has the biggest heart. She is always trying to help someone. She is always finding doctors appointments, dental appointments, or clothing for her kids at school. If they can get to the appointments then she will find a way for them to get there even if that means picking them up or paying for a bus fare. She is always giving of her time and money. One of the best things about my mom is that she is an amazing Grandma. If my sister or I needed something she would be right at our house even if it was 3 am when a newborn (aka Zachary) would not nurse. She would go without free time to watch the boys so that we could have a night off or a date night. She is always doing something for each of us that she often forgets herself. One added bonus is that she is a nurse so if anyone is ever sick she is the first person we call. I have always considered my mom to be one of my very best friends...even when I was in high school and that was not the cool thing to do. I tell her everything...even if it is supposed to be a secret.

Mom we love you and hope that you have a wonderful birthday! You are a blessing to all of us.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! I hope you have a blessed day!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

That is my mom too! We are so blessed! Happy Birthday Nurse Peacock, Aunt Sharon, Sug, Grammy and Mom...We love you!

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

That is just so cool that you would take some space to share how special your mom is to you.

I've always said that I absolutely loved raising boys - they are such wonderful babies and little boys; couldn't be more loving. But once they grow up, no matter how special they are and how sweet (and mine are still pretty darn sweet), boys aren't going to post a tribute like that to their mother. Your mom is really blessed to have you and to have her good deeds not go unnoticed. And you are blessed to have her too.

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Mommy and Grammy!!