Friday, April 10, 2009

Pre-School Easter Program

Zachary is in the green, teal, and orange argyle sweater with his hands behind his back



Yesterday was Zachary's first on-stage performance. He had his Easter program at his preschool. We missed the Christmas program because he had a ruptured eardrum. So this was a first for us. Kevin and I were really looking forward to the program because we have been practicing the songs for the past two months. To be honest we were also a little nervous because we did not know what Zachary was going to sing or do. Zachary's class was supposed to sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "Jesus Died and Rose Again". "Jesus Died and Rose Again" is to the tune of "London Bridges" and it goes like this.

Jesus Died and Rose Again
Rose Again

Rose Again

Jesus Died and Rose Again
on Easter Sunday Morning

Kevin and I were a little nervous too because when Z sings this song at home he thinks it is all about my cousins dogs, Bubba and Rose*. This is what Zachary sings...

Jesus Died and Rose Again
Bubba and Rose
Bubba and Rose
Jesus Died and Rose Again
on Easter Sunday Morning


* Yes Jen we talk about Bubba and Rose ALL THE TIME.

Anyways, when Zachary's class got on stage. Z looked perplexed. He could not see anyone in the audience because of the bright lights. Immediately he noticed me and said HI MOM! HI MOM! I was shocked he was the only two year old that called out to their mom. The entire audience started to laugh. He started to walk off stage towards me. I just kept praying that he would not make a scene. His teacher lined him up again and when the music started he started to dance a little. He sang his songs with his heart, soul, and body. I must add I did not hear "Bubba and Rose" so I think he got it right. It was priceless. Kevin and I were so proud of our little guy. I can't imagine what we are going to be like when he gets older and participates in school stuff. We are going to be nervous wrecks and so proud. The preschool also had an art show in the hallway. Zachary's teachers selected a finger paint of Zachary's to be on display. He was so proud of it and he had to show it off to us.

Zachary standing by his artwork.


Zachary's Blot print

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love watching little kids preform on stage, they are too cute. They are so innocent and sweet. The younger the better, I think. I'm glad he did good, I know you guys are so proud!

Jennifer Horgan said...

That is too cute. I should ship Bubba out there to spend some time with him. :-)