Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just another day in paradise


So this is what I saw in my rear view mirror yesterday on the way to preschool. I could not help but think of the song lyrics, "Just Another Day In Paradise". I often get so into my daily routine that I forget how blessed I really am. Zachary keeps me smiling. Ever since he could talk, he would cry or tell me his eyeballs hurt when the sun shines in his eyes. I can't tell you how many pairs of sunglasses I have purchased but he never keeps them on for more than a second or two. Recently I purchased this pair and put them in his cup holder so that when he started to scream in pain from the backseat he could put them on. Today he noticed them in his cup holder and had them on before I new it. I about cracked up when I looked in the mirror and saw his Ray Charles look. Ever since then he puts them on as soon as he gets in his car seat and takes them off when we get to our destination. In fact it was rainy and overcast today and he still had them on.


Once we got to school Z wanted to take a pic of himself. This is what he shot. Too funny!

I am so fortunate that I get to stay at home with this little man. There are times when I miss work or am exhausted from keeping up with Z but for the most part I love my job as CEO of our household. It's just another day in paradise.

2 comments:

thetoothchick said...

I love this post. Zach is so cute. He looks so happy in all of the pictures you post of him. I love that you are so appreciative of the gifts in our life.

Aubrey said...

I hear you, Hil. I think of that song regularly when I'm watching Miss E.

P.S. Recently "Six Pack Summer" has been on the brain a lot too. I fear I'm a redneck at heart. I love me some Phil Vassar.