Sunday, February 28, 2010

Suprising Elliott!

My nephew, Elliott has been a thumb sucker since he was conceived. He sucked his thumb in the womb, while he was in the carseat, and when he slept. To say he loved his thumb is an understatement. The past four years my sis & BIL have asked us several times how to get him to stop. Kevin said that thumb habits are hard to break. Well, Elliott went to our pediatric dentist and she recommended a "THUMB GUARD". Rachel looked it up online. I showed it to Kevin and he said it would never work. Well, we are all proud to say that it worked. 22 days of Elliott wearing the thumbguard he no longer even craves his thumb. It was a miracle! Before E started the "thumb guard" I told him to pick some place he wanted to go when he no longer sucked his thumb. Immediately he said "Incredible.Pizza". As soon as the thumbguard was off Elliott was begging Aunt Howie to take him to I.P. Well, it was about a week before schedules would permit but this past week we surprised Elliott with a balloon and toy and "kidnapped" him to take him to I.P. HE WAS EXCITED! We are so proud that Elliott no longer sucks his thumb. He is all grown up now!

*Zoom in on the first pic to see Elliott answer the door. He was so excited. You would have thought that we were with Ed McMahon with a $1,000,000 check.























Zachary praying for dinner. I could not help myself. He had the longest prayer. I had to snap a pic.




The game of the night was the "cannon' game that shot cannons at clown faces. I am not sure who loved it more...Kevin or the boys?



















These green glasses were the hit of the prizes. Each of them earned 272 tickets so they got these glasses, green squishy things, and a sticky arm. When we dropped E off at his house, Rachel and Matt were in their pjs ready for bed. They had to try on the glasses too.








No comments: