Monday, February 22, 2010

Bedroom Renovations Part I

Another reason that I have been offline lately is that I have been working on a project. Kevin and I have had the same bedding for 5 years. We loved it but it was starting to get worn out and old. In December, Kevin suggested that we change our bedroom a little. Little did I know that suggestion would cause a lot of home improvements.


Before I purchased a newbedroom set, Kevin also suggested that we have our room re-painted and the kitchen repainted. You see our little boy is super sweet but he is a mess. I blame a lot of it on us because he would touch our walls and drag his hands along the walls every time he walked. I'll show you the pics. Please do not judge. The walls were disgusting. Not sure if they will show up but we had handprints, chapstick, and other items smeared on our walls.

Heres a bedroom wall with chapstick...again please do not judge :)


So I found a WONDERFUL, and affordable painter. He was so reasonable that I had two more rooms and two hallways done. This painter also convinced me to change the bedroom wall color. Kevin and I are very neutral. We like khaki. However the painter was really insistant that I step out of the box and try another color in the bedroom.

Here are the before photos of our bedroom. I'll show you the after photos tomorrow.

1 comment:

Casey and Kim said...

getting our bid from your guy today! I was wondering if you were going to post the befores and afters!!