Saturday, February 20, 2010

Go USA! Olympics 2010

****I lost my image card reader so I have been out of commission on my blogging. Fortunately, today I found it...under our chair. Good thing I vaccumed right?

Last week, our friends Andy & Betsy invited us over to celebrate the opening of the Olympics. Besty was so creative. She asked everyone to bring a dish representing a different country. Leaving the guest to chose what you wanted to bring and what country you wanted represent. After a lot of thought I decided to bring all GREEK dishes. One of my uncles was adopted from Greece so I was representing him. I made a hummus dip appetizer, Greek Salad, and homemade Baklava. I actually put a poll on Facebook on what to prepare and a long time friend, Julie suggested Baklava. She shared her daughter-in-laws YUMMY recipe. Boy, was it delicious and very authentic. At first I was nervous because the recipe seemed so over my head. One reason I was overwhelmed was because I have never used fillo dough. I am glad I made it because it was wonderful! Thank you JULIE!

The other food dishes that were represented was homemade pizza (Italy), egg rolls (China), Quesadillas (Mexico), German Chocolate Cake (Germany), mini quiches (USA), and birthday cake (USA).

When we arrived Betsy & Andy gave each of the kids a gold medal. Which Zachary LOVED! We ate, played and visited unti USA arrived at the ceremony. Then Andy passed out mini American Flags for us to wave. It was so much fun and the kids LOVED it!


Thanks Andy & Betsy for inviting us. It was a fun night!


Chrissy, Caleb, & Kaylee came in true Olympic fashion...all decked out in there USA & Red, White, & Blue.


Here's a pic of the Baklava I made. Thanks to Julie it was great!
The egg rolls & Quesadillas

Betsy's homemade pizzas



The Hummus dip, a cheese dip, greek salad, and mini quiches
The girls eating and of course talking (Susan, Besty, Chrissy, Kaylee, Me, and Jill)


Miss A, Zachary, and Lilly playing

This was hilarious! All of the kids were upstairs in the bonus room. We heard it get really quiet up there so I went up there and found Benjamin reading to all the kids. No wonder they were quiet. They had the worlds best entertainment. Benjamin is so wonderful with kids.



Here's an arial view of the guys watching the Opening Ceremony. All the ladies were upstairs with the kids watching it on another tv.

No comments: