Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting ready for V-day

Yestersday, Zachary and I spent a majority of the afternoon getting ready for his Valentine's Day party at school. It was a wonderful way to spend time together and work on our "projects". First we made Zachary's Valentine Box. He was very adament about having a Toy Story box. Fortunately, I had some leftover stickers from my nephews Buzz Lightyear party. I was in luck. Basically I wrapped an old shoe box and Zachary placed the Toy Story stickers where he wished.



After our box was complete we started putting together Zachary's Valentines for his friends. I thought about making our own Valentines and then I came to my senses. We purchased the Toy Story Valentines that came with a lollipop instead. It was super easy, saved a lot of my time, and Z loved them. We put each design into a pile then he chose which one was perfect for each of his friends. Funny thing is Z did not want anyone to have the one that he liked. He was saving the "Best Friends" Valentine with Buzz & Woody on it for Elliott and himself. Needless to say we had a teaching moment to discuss giving to others, sharing the things that we like, and how we can't be selfish. We're all ready for the party at school. Get ready for those pics tomorrow. It should be fun!

3 comments:

Lori said...

SUPER CUTE BOX! I love it!! Adriana would snatch that from him if she could. I wish I would have put more thought into her box. Great job!

Unknown said...

He is just too precious!

Jennifer Horgan said...

Very cute! The box is adorable too!