Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One HAPPY PAPPY!

The verdict is in...my cousin, Jennifer and her husband, Jack are expecting a little baby BOY! This is so exciting. Of course the best news is that the baby is healthy and Jen is doing well. However the fact that this baby is a BOY is even more exciting. You see my Pappy (my mom and Uncle Wayne's dad) had 5 GRANDAUGHTERS. Pappy wanted a little grandson so bad. But he got 5 beautiful grandaughers instead...Adrienne, Rachel, Jennifer, me, and Megan. Now that the grandaughters are having babies I think it is a little funny that Rachel had a boy, I had a boy, and now Jen is having a boy. That's THREE great-grandsons. I know that my Pappy is having a party in heaven today. To be honest, I think that Pappy is up there with Jesus stacking the deck with boys. I also find it ironic that Jen is due on Dec 27th which is Kevins b-day. However I really think the little guy is going to arrive on Dec 20th which is my Pappy's birthday. We'll have to see on that one. But I know that our Pappy is Happy today. Congrats to Jen, Jack, Uncle Wayne, Aunt Ann, Auntie Adrienne & Uncle Doug, and Auntie Megan. We are EXCITED!

**Jen is on the left, her sis and my cousin Adrienne is on right...this is from Kevin and my wedding. Unfortunately I don't have any recent digital photos of Jen and Jack. I need to learn to use the scanner. :)

2 comments:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

I know everyone has a different take on just what happens in heaven (I guess it doesn't totally matter - - it's heaven, right? Whatever it is will be wonderful!) but I happen to agree with you and am sure your Pappy is stacking the deck. And, I'm pretty sure there is some laughter going on too.

Things like this seem to happen in our family quite often and I am just sure my mom or dad have had some influence on the outcomes.

Congrats to your cousin and her hubby and all the family. I love girls, of course (got 4 granddaughters), but I have to say that there is nothing sweeter than a little boy. Whoever said girls are sugar and spice and everything nice was having a good laugh on us.

Babies make the world go 'round!

Jennifer Horgan said...

Hil, I think I am going early too. He seems to be big for my stage in the pregnancy! At 18 weeks they said he is about 9 oz. according to the ultrasound but all my baby books say the baby is about 9 oz. at 20 weeks.