Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our 6th Anniversary!

This past weekend Kevin and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Gosh in some ways it seemed like it was just yesterday and then in other ways it seems like a lot longer. I mean this in a good way. We have had the best times! To celebrate we took a mini-overnight vacation to Kansas City. My parents kept Z which was the best anniversary present ever. Our goal for our trip was to pack as many favorite things into this trip. So I made reservations at the Melting Pot and Lidia's Italian Kitchen. We also went back to UMKC School of Dentistry, the campus bookstore, and the Country Club Plaza. Upon arriving at the hotel our room was not ready and they gave our "plaza-view" room to someone else. Not really a big deal being that I used to live on the plaza. However they felt bad so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 patio suite. It was an added bonus. Another bonus was that we got to meet one of my best friends, Julie and her fiance Jeff at the plaza after dinner. We had a great night catching up and eating dessert at the Cheese Cake Factory. Basically we just saw old sights and ate. It was a fun, relaxing weekend. Meanwhile Z was with my parents having the time of his life. In fact when we got home, my parents dropped him off and he cried that he did not want to stay at home.

Kevin at the Melting Pot

Me having fun with the fondue

Couple shot!



Room Service at the Intercontiental...can you say yummy!
Out on one of our patios
Kevin on the patio

2 comments:

Jennifer Horgan said...

Very nice and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I have been terrible with cards this year. I LOVE the Melting Pot and The Cheesecake Factory!!! YUMM - sounds like the perfect night.

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

I absolutely love the Melting Pot; my mouth is watering.

Oh yeah, happy anniversary, you two! I totally understand you saying sometimes it seems like more than 6 years, because I have a hard time imagining you not being together, I think that's what it is. I was remembering your wedding; remembering us driving by you and K in the convertible after the ceremony, before the reception, and I thought, wow, that seems so long ago. You fit perfectly together, an awesome couple and I am glad to know you both and little Z. You are so happy and your happiness radiates to those around you. Cheers to another 6, and another, and another ...