Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays!

I love the month of June because it is FILLED with lots of birthdays and celebrations. Here are our photos from all the June birthday parties we went too. Happy Birthday Rachel, Dad, Charley, and Violet!

On June 27th we celebrated Zachary's best girlfriend, Charley's Third Birthday. Mel and Ryan hosted the party at Wackey World...an inflatable jump park. We all had a wonderful time celebrating Princess Charley's birthday. I had to step back at one point in the party to count my blessings. Last year at Charley's party Mel was getting ready for her bilateral mastecomy and chemo. The mood at this years party was a lot happier and fun. God sure is Good!

Charley's Cake


The tiara cookies that were given out as favors.

Princess Charley with her Prince Charming, Zachary

Blowing out the candles

Following Charley's party we went to dinner at Hemingways in Bass Pro to celebrate Dad's birthday. His birthday was offically on the 27th. I am bummed I did not get a group picture but my in-laws were there as well as Rachel, Matt, Elliott, Kevin, Zachary, my mom, my dad, and myself. We also finished celebrating Rachel's birthday since we did not have cake or pie at the ballpark on the 24th!

Dad's actual Birthday at Hemingways with the entire family!



This one cracked me up because Zachary was being silly. Very similar to how I acted at this age.


Rachel and Elliott blowing out the birthday candles!

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Happy Birthday all around!!

Also, Hil, I'm sure I don't think to mention it to you just how much I appreciate your willingness to share all of your world and all those you love. You don't leave out anyone & you don't miss a beat. And with MOPS & everything you do, it almost makes me tired thinking about how you do it all and are able to blog too.

Little things matter more than people sometimes realize. I love Aubrey & Nick so much and of course their little ones, and I miss them so much I've been in grief. Nathan & Mary do their best to try to be there for us, & we try to be there for each other as we all miss our Germany family more than they can imagine. So I have to fill my days hugging my neighbor kids (Isaac & Vivienne), my grandnieces and grandnephews, and blogging to people like you to cherish all the love that makes us one huge community of God.