Monday, June 29, 2009

Aunt Rachel's Birthday


Two little boys excited for the game.....I know I am partial but aren't they ADORABLE!

The boys with Poppy in the background showing off their Cardinals hats

Zachary giving his Aunt Rachel some Birthday Love

Last Wednesday was my sister's 32nd birthday.  I am not rubbing her age in her face considering I am just 16 months behind her.  To celebrate I got to meet her for lunch at Qudoba.  Believe it or not this rarely happens. With her work schedule, my schedule, and the two boys we NEVER get to have lunch with just us. So it was nice. Later that evening the entire family and in-laws met up at the Cardinals game to celebrate. Unfortunately 2 hours before the game, my nephew, Elliott had an allergic reaction to peanut dust.  This photo is of Elliott asleep on Matt's shoulder. You can see his eyes are swollen. The little man was drugged on steroids and benydryl for the first hour of the game. :(
Yes you read that right, I said peanut dust. He is severely allergic to peanuts!  He did not ingest any peanuts but a snack pack that was "flavored" with peanut butter powder touched his hands on accident. He rubbed his eye and next thing you know he swelled up and was at the pediatrician's for some shots.  Poor little man!  The birthday party continued because Elliott was super excited for it and they thought it would cheer him up.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  Both Elliott and Zachary enjoyed themselves all night.  The bonus was that my parents church sang the 7th inning stretch God Bless America so we got special seats and got to sing with them.  We had a great day and I think Rachel enjoyed her her day minus Elliott's reaction.  

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Bless little Elliott's heart. With so many medical people in his family, though, I know he has lots of people looking out for him and responding immediately. - - You're right, the boys are adorable, and they sure make a pair - - and happy birthday Rachel!