Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A first for me

For those of you who know me well, you know that I really DO NOT like BBQ, BBQ sauce, smoked meat, or eating meat off of a bone. I know it is very un-American. But for some reason my tastebuds do not like it at all. I have tried and tried through the years to eat BBQ but nothing has changed...I still do not care for it. On a side note...I love grilled hamburgers, steaks, etc as long as it has not been smoked or has BBQ sauce on it. In fact we grill almost every single night in the summer because it is so yummy and fast however we just avoid BBQ sauce.

Anyways, last week I was talking to Melody about trying to find some new meals for our family. She mentioned she made some baby back ribs that were excellent. I thought, Kevin would flip his lid if he came home and I had made ribs. Immediately my wheels started turning on how I was going to pull off this surprise without Kevin finding out. Well, I spoiled the surprise myself when I was singing the Chili's theme song, "I want some Baby Back Baby Back Ribs...Barbeque sauce" around the house. Kevin figured it out. Anyways, I made ribs and they were a hit. It was a definite first for me. The boys loved them. I had one rib and it was not too bad, if I say so myself. So there you have it. I can cross making ribs off my bucket list. Sorry Ladies, I just won the title of the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD from my husband because I made BBQ Ribs.

1 comment:

Casey and Kim said...

I don't like BBQ either! But I've been grilling for years. Try thowing a frozen chicken breast on there. No sauce of course! I've been doing a ton of fish lately on the grill as well. It doesn't taste bbq at all! Nice going!