Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Meeting up with old friends!

Kevin and I love it when our out-of-town friends call us when they are in the area. I was thrilled when Sara contacted me on Facebook to let me know that her family was coming to the area for vacation. Sara and I set up a lunch date at Incredible Pizza for Friday. Zachary and I counted down the days until Friday so that we could eat pizza and play with Sara, Bill, Chase, and Grant. Kevin and Bill went to elementary school, middle school, and high school together. They also played four years of high school football together. I have this theory that once you play football with someone you will ALWAYS be friends...no matter what. Kevin has a core group of guys from high school that still communicate and get together when they can. I think it is so amazing that all of these HILLSBORO guys married remarkable women and that all the women get a long and share a friendship too. This is such a blessing!! After getting married I realized that it is sometimes hard to have couple friends because it can be difficult for all four people to have something in common. It seemed like forever since we have seen Sara and Bill, so we spent a lot of time catching up. After our lunch we let the boys play in the game room. THEY LOVED IT!
Kevin, Sara, Zachary, Grant, Bill and Chase


Zachary attempting to take a picture of us....not too bad for a 2 year old.


Me with the happiest little guy, Grant. Isn't he adorable!


The ladies with Grant
Bill and Chase getting ready for the big race
Kevin and Z getting ready to race Bill and Chase.

Chase and Bill were the BIG winners of the race. However the nice ticket man gave both the boys a 1st place ribbon. Chase did not want to wear them :)

Kevin and I left our lunch day so happy to have spent it with Sara, Bill, and the kids. It was a wonderful day. The only thing better was to have more time to catch up. I love that our children became friends too.

P.S. Mary if you are reading this....CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for you guys! We got your message and by no way were upset that you had not had a chance to tell us the good news about #3. Please keep us posted on all the details. We love you guys too!

1 comment:

Mary Stephenson said...

Duh, Hil,of course I'm reading your blog. I have no life and live vicariously through yours and your blog!! Thanks for the shout out. I still feel bad, we should have called. More importantly, I should not have left it up to my husband to call. Hope to talk soon!