Thursday, July 16, 2009

Guys Fishing Weekend

For approximately 17 months Kevin has had a fishing trip to Sheboygin, WI planned. It all started when one of his sales reps suggested a 3 day trip to visit the American Orthodontic plant. At first it did not sound very exciting but as e-mails and packets started filling Kevin's inbox and mailbox he realized this trip was so much more than a plant tour. Last Thursday Kevin left with my dad, my father-in-law (Marv), my brother-in-law (Matt), and Matt's dad (Gene) to drive to Wisconsin. Once it Wisconsin, the group met up with some of Kevin's high school buds, John, Dave, Ryan, and Adam who drove separately. Upon viewing their accomodations they realized that American Orthodontics provided the WORKS...I mean everything. 2 cabins, stocked refridgerators, boats, fishing equipment, coolers for the boats, breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. It was definitely a guys weekend. Here are a few photos from the trip.

Dad, Gene, and Kevin on the road trip to Wisconsin
The guys enjoying the cool Wisconsin evening with a campfire


Group Photo: Marvin, Kevin, Adam, Matt, Dave, John, Ryan, and Dad


Meeting the owner of American Orthodontics...he came out to meet Kevin and the gang



The entire group getting ready to fish



Marvin with the BIG catch....18lb Salmon
Dad holding Marvins King Salmon

Uncle Matt fishing


Welcome Home Sign compliments of Zachary

(FYI for readers...I would have included everyones name on the sign but they were dropped of at their houses prior to arriving at ours)



From what I could tell from Kevin, my dad, Marv, Matt, and the rest of the guys this trip was AWESOME! Everyone was so impressed with everything except the amount of fish that was caught...but whose to blame. I am so glad Kevin got this opportunity to spend with his family and friends.

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

My favorite photo is the first one. I love seeing your dad with headphones on watching a DVD, which I like to imagine is some Brittany Spears video, or some equally ridiculous thing that your dad would never really watch. It makes me laugh.