Friday, July 24, 2009

Water Logged at Silver Dollar City

Knowing that Zachary was going to be out of commission for a few days after the ear tube surgery I decided I wanted for him to have a "special" day. When I was a kid, my mom would take me or my sister on a "special" day. On this day the child would have the entire day to themselves with thier mom. The child picked what to do, where to eat, and often times got a special toy. When Rachel and I were kids the toy was often selected for the other one who was at home. Mind you the child that stayed at home usually went to Ruey's and that person had a special day as well. So it was a win win for both children. Anyways, back to Monday. Zachary has been talking about the train at Silver Dollar City so I thought it would be perfect to head there. We invited Grammy to come with us being that she is on summer break and we want to maximize our time with Grams before school starts.


So we went to SDC. Z was thrilled. We rode the train, Lost River of the Ozarks, saw Veggie Tales, and ate at the Pizza Buffet. We were headed to the little kids rides when it started to sprinkle. Mom and I thought the storm would pass so we stuck around. Z rode the ladybugs and then BOOM! The storm hit hard. The rides were shut down. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE started heading out of the park. For those of you who have been to SDC know that there are only so many trams and buses to take you back to your cars. So we waited and waited in the pouring rain for a shuttle. Once we got on a tram we were in the fron seat of it. Not too big of a deal except when the driver started driving the HEAVY RAIN pelted us in the face. WE were soaked. Zach thought it was a big adventure. Mom was cracking up and I was freezing. It was a memory that I will remember forever. It was hilarious. Needless to say we drove home with the heat on. Z had a change of clothes and blanket so he was happy. It was a fun, wet special day.










SOAKED...Zoom in and see the water dripping off my arms and face

Again zoom in for a good laugh. My mom has water dripping from her face and glasses. There was not a dry spot on her.


1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

That is so like your mom to be cracking up over it. I can just hear her.

I didn't know Z was having ear surgery, I don't think. So I wanted you to know that I will be praying for him. I know it will be fine, but prayers are good to have anytime. And, God bless the momma and the daddy. I know how hard it is to have your son in surgery; it's hardest on the parents. Feel the blessings.