Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nursery Makeover

For the past month Zachary has been begging us for a big bed. I was planning on switching over Z's room to a full bed but I have been waiting for all of the bedding to arrive. Talk about frustrating. I ordered a lot of stuff back in May however it was backordered until Aug 25th. I should have cancelled the order but it was perfect for Z. Week by week bits and pieces of the order has arrived. So Kevin and I decided that today was the day for the overhaul. I am still waiting on the comforter and bed skirt but we did not really need them anyway since it is so warm. Zachary went to my parents while Kevin and I began the make over. In a way it was kinda sad. As I was taking all of the farm animal nursery things down my mind traveled back three years ago to when I was registering for these items. I thought of the nice friends and family who purchased us each gift and how excited we were for Zachary to arrive. I also thought how I painted his wooden letters two weeks before he arrived and Kevin was scared I hurt the baby from breathing in the fumes. Funny how things come back to you when you see a certain item. So without further ado...here is Zachary big boy room.

Nursery Before: His farm light, Baby photo and foot/hand prints from the hospital



After: John Deere tractor photos and a "semi-new" John Deere Lamp...thanks to a sweet elderly man on e-bay. The seat of the tractor is what turns the light on and off. It makes a very loud tractor sound when pressed. Z loves it!

Before: Farm themed hooks with too much stuff hanging from them :)
After: New hooks with less items.

Before: Farm curtains
After: Big boy plaid curtains



Before: Block letters I painted before Zachary arrived

After: A custom vinyl that I ordered from Studio JK Vinyl for Zachary. I love it!

The big boy bed. I will post a better photo once the comforter comes. The sheets are tractors, trains, planes, and cement mixers. I went for a more "universal" comforter in plaid so that we could change out the sheets as Zachary's interest change. I figured we could uses the primary color plaid curtains, bed skirt, comforter, pillows, etc for many years to come.



Before: The converted crib


Before:
After...I pre-purposed the frames. $3.44 spray paint was all it took to change cream frames into Navy ones. It gave a whole new look.
The room reveal....he noticed his name.
Zachary going to sleep. He's one happy boy!


3 comments:

Anvil Leather said...

I LOVE it!!!!!! When I saw the stuff hanging on his new hooks, it made me realize how big our babies are really getting. It is so bitter sweet!

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

I love it too! He is getting so big. Is he enjoying sleeping in his 'big boy' bed?

Great job on the over haul!

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

I love the vinyl Z. Great job in your transition from nursery to big boy room.

Hey, if you know of anyone wanting a tree, characters, or theme painted on their child's wall, refer them to Jim. He wants to do that for a part-time job because he loves it so much. All our grandkids have received free murals of love, of course, and now he is doing an alphabet, jungle wall for our great nephew's toy room. It's gonna be so cool. So keep him in mind if anyone is looking.