Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cousin's Sleepover

My nephew has been begging me all summer to come over and spend the night. Since Z has a bigger bed now it was the perfect time to have Elliott over for a sleep over. Both of the boys were so excited they could hardly wait. Here's photos of our fun evening. Having both of the boys was hilarious! The things they talked about and how they interacted with each other was a total scream.

Kevin picked up Happy Meals on his way home from work. You can tell the boys were Happy! And there off!

Popsicles and Tricycles in the driveway

Taking a BUBBLE bath in the jetted tub. They loved it!

Watching Garfield the Movie before bed time in Aunt Howie and Uncle Kevin's bed. Sorry for Z's exposure...he informed us a month ago that he no longer wants to wear p.j.s. He says he gets too hot.

As Elliott says, "We ALWAYS have to brush our teeth at Aunt Howies and Uncle Kevins".
Right after I shut off the lights I attempted to take a picture. As soon as the flash went off both boys popped up as quick as they good. This is what the picture looked like. Crack me up!And they're out....I could hear both of them snoring from the other end of the hallway. It was too cute.

A funny story from the sleepover. Kevin and I were asleep in our bed. At 6:30 Elliott was in our doorway saying, "Howie". I thought he was scared. He said, "Howie, Zachary...." I was just waiting for him to say, "Zachary wet the bed". Instead he said in a sweet voice and taking a lot of time to get out what he was thinking...."Howie, Zachary loves you guys very much." Kevin and I just laughed. He was so sincere and sweet. Since I knew Z would be sleeping for at least another hour or two. I had Elliott hop in our bed to watch the Disney channel morning cartoons. Elliott loved cuddling with Aunt Howie. We had the best time and a wonderful talk.

The next morning we met my mom and sister to go to Silver Dollar City. It was our last lazy, fun day of the summer because my mom is back to work. SDC was EMPTY! We had it all to ourselves so we enjoyed every ride at least once if not twice.
Just the five of us on the teacups Riding the frogs at Silver Dollar City

2 comments:

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

I LOVE IT! Rachel told me that my men were having a sleepover and I am so glad you took pictures.

Hil, I save my vacation every year for Christmas time. Even if I don't get Christmas Eve off through United Way I will still be with you as I will use a vacation day. Have no fear my love. I couldn't bear not being there for our traditional Christmas Eve.

Love you!

Julieanne said...

Precious times. Isn't it awesome that you can capture the memories electronically? I enjoyed seeing pics and reading about it all - except I'm wondering how you all can do that tea cup ride - it makes Jim and I very dizzy. Jim said he's never going on it again. (That happens sometimes as one ages:)