Monday, August 25, 2008

Our little school boy

Today was Z's first day of preschool. He will attend 2 days a week in the mornings. It is a great way for him to interact with other kids, learn lots of new stuff, and learn to follow the rules from someone other than his parents. This morning he was so excited to go to school. He carried his new lunch box around the house until we left. He kept saying "it's HEAVY, mom". Here are some photos before his first day. I tried to get a picture of him in his class but he was too busy playing.

Zachary and Daddy on the first day of preschool

Z showing you his lunch box. He was so proud of himself.

Getting his shoes on for school.

Look in the background...Z is playing. He ran right in there and played.


It was funny once I dropped him off I almost did not know what to do with myself. I am so used to having a little 3 ft shadow with me. I ran several errands, hit Kohls to purchase new towels, had lunch with Mel, and then went to the grocery store. I got more things done in 3 hours than I would get done in one week with Z. I did miss the little guy but felt rejuvenated & happy when I picked him up. It is good for a mommy to have a break every now and then.

When I returned to pick him up he started to cry. He did not want to leave. He saw the "Car line Drive-thru pick up kids" walking outside and he wanted to go with them. He thought they were going outside to play. He did not want his mommy to pick him up and take him home. I am thrilled he had a great day. His teachers said he was the only one in that class that did not cry all morning. Yeah Zachary! We are proud of you.

4 comments:

Jennifer Horgan said...

That's so cute. He is getting so big. You can see the excitement in his eyes! Great for you too to be able to get some "me time" in.

Cindy said...

CONGRATS you BIG BOY!! Hil - isn't it nice to have some quiet time? If you are ever looking for something to do - call me and we'll do lunch! Celeste is at Preschool Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays. I need LOTS of me-time!! :)

Aubrey said...

Yay for Zachary! I can't believe he's such a big boy. You and Kevin have done such a fabulous job. Your comment about your "three foot tall shadow" made me tear up. I totally know how that feels. :)

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Good Boy, Zachary! I am so proud of you! I hope you enjoy school as much as I do.

Elliott