Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Good Friends

Last night we said goodbye to our good friends; Craig, Fawn, Carina, and Callen. They are moving to Little Rock in less than 2 weeks. Kevin and Craig have been good friends since 1996 when they met their freshman year of college. Since then we have shared in special events such as our weddings, the birth of our children, play dates, several dinners out to Luigi's Pizza Kitchen, Fantasy Football, baby swimming lessons for Carina & Zachary, and fishing trips together. Even though they are moving away we know that we will still remain good friends. Last night we had to continue our tradition of Dinner at Luigi's and then back to our house for dessert and conversation.

To the Rechkemmers we wish you the very best and we hope that your new job in Little Rock Rocks!

Fawn, Craig, and CallenCarina and Z waiting for their "cakes"
Watching Curious George while the parents talk
Carina & Zachary (4 weeks apart)
Zachary is sad Carina is moving to Little Rock! Please don't go Carina.

1 comment:

Casey and Kim said...

Alright so i see something in zack that I did with Kaden. We have one "nina" in the mouth and one in hand. Hil, I'm breaking it to you family style: it's time. You prep zack this way, Zack mommy loves you and I can't wait for you to be a very big boy so on thursday(whatever day.. you pick) we are having a going away party for nina. At such and such place (we did chuck e cheese) we are are having a party where all your friends can come and we will put all the nina's in the trash can there and we will promise ourselves to not buy anymore or give in to letting you have any that we might find stashed in the house or car or diaper bag, and then we will play play play. And it will be hard for a few days on mommy and you, especially at sleepy times, but I love you and it is just part of growing up and we will get through it and then for three days you will hate giving up the nina but after day three you will say to yourself, "self, why didn't I do this six months ago?", "because now my sweet child is talking complete paragraphs!" And we can go somewhere and not worry if we have 36 back up ninas and oh my he is growing up and let the countdown for kindergarten begin! And gee now that I have such a big boy, maybe just maybe we can bring on a brother or a sister for him, because he is so big and smart and TAlKATIVE! I'm telling you hil, it's time! From one dental wife to the other, this is your hang up not, Z's. I've been there. That's why God gave you to me and me to you, because I needed a lil sis and you needed another sism So when YOU are ready, go for it, and call me when the three days, that's all, three days of hell is over and you will be so glad, Love you like a sis, you can do this and it will be a great spring board topic for mops. GIVE UP NINA LIKE A BAD DIET COKE ADDICTION- OK I got rid of two binkis but not the diet coke yet, so if you have advice for that please feel free to give me your free, like mine, free advice on my addiction as well. You can do it! But this is advice and it is FREE and unsolisited so take it for what's it worth. Too cute little boy you have!

Kim