Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Six things about Hilary

So my friend Aubrey tagged me so I guess I am it.

Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you, mention the rules, tell six quirky, yet boring unspectacular things about yourself, tag six other bloggers by linking to them, and then go to each person's blog and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged. (I think I will just list them at the bottom and leave it at that. If they see it, great.)

6 random unspectacular things about me:

1. I make our bed everyday. ..even if I know that Kevin is planning on taking a nap after church on Sundays. I love to make our bed with lots and lots of decorative pillows. Kevin thinks I am nuts and that it is a waste but it makes me happy so he does not mind.

2. Ever since I was in 7th grade music class at Hickory Hills Junior High (yes, it was a Junior high at that time and not a middle school) I have sung Whitney Houston's song "One Moment In Time" in the shower. I do not feel that my shower experience is complete without singing this song. Yes, I am a loser.

3. I love to purchase new make-up at the cosmetic counter. I only do it about once a year but it makes me super happy to have fresh, unopened make-up.

4. I am a people pleaser. I never want to hurt anyones feelings. This is one of my negative attributes because I need to learn I can't please everyone. Currently I am the MOPS coordinator at our church. It was the hardest thing for me to design the MOPS t-shirts because I want everyone to love it. It was so difficult for me that I ended up doing one design but two t-shirt colors because I wanted to please everyone.

5. I love to have company and to be a hostess to our friends & family. Anyone who visits our house is a friend. We know no strangers. I love to have the table decorated for each season and I love to serve wonderful food & desserts.

6. I love to have my name monogrammed on things like address labels, note cards, pens, etc. I think it is because as a child my sister always found items with her name on them and there was never anything with Hilary on it. In fact, my favorite Christmas present as a child was a rubber stamp that my mom special ordered for me. If I can't find my name or if I cannot special order it I am happy with the letter H.

I tag: Melody, Rachel, Kim, Alysia, my cousin Jennifer, and Fawn

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love it! I even share your affinity for personalized stationery. Probably because there was never any Aubrey stuff either. Nick and Ella are soooo lucky. :)

Casey and Kim said...

OMG I was completely dying laughing about your number 6! You poor poor gir! The funny thing about that is Carson and I have this conversation frequently about his name. TODAY in fact we were at walmart in the toy ailse and he was looking at the lisence plates and he was letting me have it. He was suggesting that I should have named him cole or caleb so he could have "stuff" with his name on it! So funny!

Anonymous said...

I can also sympathize with having a sibling with a normal name who can find their name stamped on ANYTHING! For example, my aunt got each of us one of those carved wooden names from Silver Dollar City when we were kids. Justin's was obviously spelled correctly. I had to settle for Alisha. I had that displayed on my dresser for years!!! And remember those things you could buy that had a list of "rules" for others daring to enter your bedroom? Yeah, mine was for Alicia's bedroom...still don't know who she is. It's a wonder I haven't had an identity crisis...

Jennifer Horgan said...

You are too cute. I think the people pleasing runs in our genes. I love to hostess too but I always make too much food. I'll have to list my six when I get back from the shore. It will give me something to keep my mind off of school.

Have a good weekend!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

In my defense, Rachel is never spelled correctly on anything. It ALWAYS has two "A"s in it.

I feel the same way as Hilary and for the recorded we did find stuff with Hilary on it but it ALWAYS has two "L"s.

Adrienne Donaldson said...

Hey Hil! I'm with you on the name thing. I NEVER found anything with Adrienne on it. My favorite gift was a navy duffle bag that Aunt Sharon had our names put on the side. I'm so obsessed with it that I've been buying Doug's nieces and nephew personalized gifts for years...even wrapping paper. :)

Amanda said...

Hil- I love learning new things about you!! And getting caught up on your blog! Also, we took Andrew's pacifier away a couple of nights ago, and he didn't ask for it today! You were my inspiration! :) I'm glad Z likes school. Andrew starts on Friday. Love, Amanda

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, and my mom is helping to start MOPS at Wesley. She may need some advice from you in the coming weeks.