Sunday, August 24, 2008

Final week of Summer

Last week was our last free week of summer so we did a lot of fun things. One afternoon we went to the movies with Grammy. Actually it was Grams last day before she went back to work. We watched Mama Mia. So glad we did not take Kevin too it, I don't think he would have liked it. Z enjoyed the singing, dancing, and of course the popcorn. Our theater has the best kids combo. It's a small drink, small popcorn, and a bag of juicy fruit bites. I have to remember this combo for my next date night. I really enjoyed the time with mom and Z.

Zachary and his kids combo at the movies.



The next morning we went to Jump Mania with our best friends, Mel & Charley. This was actually Mel's first day out after her first chemo treatment a week earlier. Z LOVED Jump Mania. The toddler zone had an inflatable "Choo Choo train" that caught Z's eye as soon as he walked into the place. After wearing ourselves out at Jump Mania we went to Cheddars for lunch. I can't remember the last time Mel and I did this with the kids. I was so glad to have this time before she heads back up to St. Louis for Chemo #2. Mel you're doing great. We love you! Hang in there!


Mel and Charley on the big slideHil and Z on the big slide. Z liked it better than I did!
In the jump house
Lunch with our best friends




The next morning Z & I took a walk to the park with Grandma Karen. It was a fun morning. Z had a blast doing everything "by himself". He seems like such a big boy anymore. He is definitely growing up too fast.


Grandma Karen and Z at the park


The last set of photos are from today. Kevin has been out of town for his 12th annual Fantasy Football draft. It is a weekend that is booked one year in advance. I do not even think our wedding was booked a year in advance. Anyways, he loves this weekend with his old college buddies. Today when Z and I returned from church Kevin was home. I unloaded Kev's bag and immediately Z jumped in it. He thought it was hilarious to be in daddy's bag. The photos were too cute not to post.






Tomorrow will be Z's first day of preschool. He is going to go two days a week in the mornings. He is very excited to go to "school" because his cousin Elliott goes to school. It's hard to believe that he is growing up. It is also hard to believe this summer is over. Our summer has been very sad and busy so I am hoping the fall is much better.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Ok, so I have to know. Did Z really sit through that whole movie? There is no way that Carina would stick through a feature-length movie, Singing and dancing, popcorn, etc. or not!