Friday, August 22, 2008

We did it!







On Monday night August 18th we cut Zachary's "NINA" and showed it to him. He said, "Broke, All Gone". We have not given it to him since. I have to admit pacifier detox was a little rough at nap time but other than that he did great. I think it helped that he has a little head cold too because he could not have used it if he needed it. I wanted to wait for at least 3 days before I posted this but it is OFFICIAL. No More Nina's at our house. Zachary is a big boy! I am so proud of him. Daddy is so proud of me for not giving in. We are all super happy at our house!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! I know how hard it can be to get rid of the pacifier. We kept it much longer than I planned on but thankfully, it is finally gone in our house too.

haywardfam said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you guys. I remember what a stress that is. Now, you don't have to think about it anymore. My day's a comin'...

Mary Stephenson said...

Don't worry, detox is roughest at the first nap & bedtime, but it's smooth sailing after that! Way to go Z and Mommy! (It's a big step for us too!) Love you guys!

Casey and Kim said...

See! I knew you ALL THREE could do it. Wait till the words start flying. His speech is going to blow you away in the next few weeks. Proud of you guys! Now can you tell me how to take a wii away from all my boys?!
bye
Kim