Monday, August 18, 2008

Day Three: Cancun

Just for the record....we are already home. A lot of people are asking. I was not able to update the blog while we were there because the "free WiFi" was super slow and because I did not want to download my photos in case I would lose them from my files. So long story short...I wrote some of the blog entries while we were there and then these last days of our trip now from our home. Sorry for the confusion.

Day 3 was pretty much like day 2. A lot of relaxation!!! Just what we needed. I can honestly say this was the most relaxed I have seen Kevin in about 4 years. We totally enjoyed our four days away.

One of the main things on the agenda for the day was to get me a MONKEY drink. We saw pictures of them on the online Orbitz review and I really wanted one. Every day from noon to one the bar staff makes about 20 monkeys to pass out to guest. The second day we were there we missed out. So my goal for the day was to get one. . At 11:30 I started stalking the bar for the "COCO LOCO". Finally at 12:30 they were ready and I got the first one!! I know I get excited at the dumbest stuff..it's okay to laugh at me. Anyways, I took a drink and it was GROSS! I dumped out the contents of the "Coco Loco" and refilled it just so I could have it by my cabana. I was thrilled I actually got one.

So there are 5 Fancy restaurant at this resort. We only had 3 nights there so we knew we were going to miss out on 2 of the restaurants. Leave it to Kevin to come up with another plan so that we could take advantage of the other ones. On the 3rd night we decided that we would go to 2 of the restaurants. Yep, in true Austin fashion we ate at the Lobster house at 6 pm, took a walk, then went to Agave the Mexican Restaurant at 9pm. I was so full by the time we got to Agave that I really did not want to order...but we did anyways. We really did not enjoy the ethnic fare as much as the Lobster House. I think its because we are used to Taco Bell and not the real deal. We nibbled on our meal but did not finish it. That is the beauty of an "all-inclusive" resort.
Overall we had a great day and to quote our good friend, Dave Brotherton, "we were stuffed to the gills".



These were our "Coco Loco" Monkey Drinks
Kissing my monkey

Date Night #2
Dinner at the Lobster House

Mariachi Band

Somberos at Restaurant (click to enlarge....the photo is super dark).

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. It sure is nice to get away and "relax and enjoy" now and then. Thanks for sharing your good times with pics.