Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A work of ART

Zachary and Daddy at the kitchen table working on some "craft projects".


Our little work of art is our son Zachary. He is VERY 2. He loves to help me and he loves to get into things. This past week I have had my hands in many projects around the house. In order to keep Zachary out of the breakable Christmas items or to keep him occupied I have set up an art table in our kitchen. He loves it. He colors with crayons, stamps with my scrapbooking stamps, and he.....makes a huge mess. I guess I let him do too much himself. I was in the same room but I turned my back to hang some ornaments. When I looked up at him this is what I saw....stamping ink in his hair.


Different day similar situation. I was in the living room wrapping Christmas presents on the floor while Z was playing with his tractors. I had a black sharpie marker besides me to write names on the gift tags. I looked up from wrapping a gift and see Zachary holding the marker in one hand and the lid to the marker in the other. Immediately I took it away and thought boy that was a close one. In less than 25 seconds he looked up at me and I was startled. This is what I saw. I scolded him and he said "chapstick, Mom".
I guess I have learned my lesson. Do not leave markers or ink pads within Zachary's reach. It was so hard not to laugh but when I took Zachary into the bathroom to wash his lips off he said, "SCARY". He was scared. He cried the entire time I rubbed the marker off but once he saw himself back to normal he said, "Again mom". Zachary is truly a work of art.

Also an FYI to moms...baby wipes work wonders for removing ink and Sharpie Markers.

2 comments:

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Superglue,Sharpies and Stamps, Hil really. He is an angel. How many times have you called poison control. He makes me happy!

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

I'm not sure, Hil, but I think you might see his hair that same way again in about 13 to 15 years. Be sure and get a print of this picture. That way, when he puts color streaks in as a teen, you can act all excited about it and say oh how cute, you look just like when you were a baby. I'm betting that technique might work better than trying to reason with a teen.