Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Memories by Zachary

For those reading this blog its sole purpose is so that I remember the little things about this wonderful Christmas time. I know that next year I will not remember the cute sayings or the comments Zachary said in 2008 so I am blogging them on here so that I have it. Being that I am our family historian I try to capture each memory, saying, or comment. So here are the facts about our 2008 Christmas.


Santa: Zachary is scared to death of Santa and dislikes Santa. Zachary is so scared of him that he shakes, cries, and begs "No Santa...Go Home." Zachary knows that Santa comes on Christmas Eve through our Chimney. If you even mention it he says, "No Christmas mom". We had to stop talking about Santa coming into our home because Z gets so scared. Poor guy. One of these days he will be begging for Santa to visit. Our nephew Elliott uber loves Santa!

Songs: Zachary's favorite Christmas Songs are Jingle Bells, Santa Clause is Coming to Town, and Frosty the Snowman. Zachary can sing each of these songs in their entirety without missing a word...the only flub is Corncob pipe..Zachary says "Cob pipe button".

Zachary's Favorite things: Seeing the lights with Grams, Pops, and Elliott
Baby Jesus and "Aunt" Mary...seeing nativities all over
Sing Happy Birthday to Jesus
Frosty the Snowman
Choo Choo train under Grams & Poppy's tree
Working Shop ornament and train ornament at PaPaw & MaMaws

Zachary's wish list for Santa: Tractor Books

Common sayings from Zachary:
  • Yes, I did....he says this if you ask him if he wants something. Example: Daddy says, "Zachary, do you want to eat dinner". Zachary responds, "Yes I did".
  • Take it on. When Zachary wants you to put on his clothes or coat he says, "Take it on" Similary to Take it off.
  • No touchin': Zachary has started to use the potty. So that he does not reach into the potty I always say don't reach in there...he says, "No touchin' mom".
Daily Events in December: Advent book reading from Grams, Opening the Advent door, and tour of lights after dinner. We know where all the houses are whose lights are the best.

Tender heart story of Zachary: One day after Sunday School & Church we asked Zachary what his lesson was about. He spoke up from his car seat, " Baby Jesus and Aunt Mary". I said who? He said "Aunt Mary" and Baby Jesus. I quickly realized that he thought my Aunt Mary was Jesus' mommy. Now my Aunt Mary is a wonderful lady, wonderful mom, and a Godly Christian woman, but if she was Jesus' mom she got a huge promotion. The next day when I picked Z up at preschool his teacher asked me if Zachary had an Aunt Mary. I guess when they were talking about the Christmas Story he tried to convince his classmates and teacher that Jesus' moms name was not Mary but AUNT MARY. Later that night I called my Aunt Mary to tell her that Zachary thinks she is Jesus' mom. It melted Aunt Mary's heart.

No comments: