Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gingerbread House

Because Zachary is SO excited about Christmas I have tried to do all sorts of different activities that revolve around Christmas. Some nights we hop in the car to look at lights, some nights we watch a Christmas Special on t.v., every night and day we listen to Christmas Carols, and enjoy all the sights and sounds of Christmas. A couple of friends (Kim & Kylie) of mine gave the the idea of decorating a Gingerbread House. I found a kit at Wal-mart one day and decided that was the easy route and the way to do it with a two year old. So after dinner we set up to decorate this pre-made house. I think Kevin & I were more excited but Zachary enjoyed it. In the middle of decorating my mom stopped by to pick something up. The cute part of this story is what happened next. Immediately Zachary jumped up, yelled "Grammy lets look lights". So my mom loaded Z up in her van and took him on a light tour. This allowed Kevin and I to finish decorating the house. It was a lot of fun and it was very rewarding to see the excitement on Z's face when he returned. He loved his personal date with Grams and he loved the finished house.


If you could only see our gingerbread house now....it is missing several pieces of candy because a two year old has removed them. Guess Who?

1 comment:

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

That is so cool for your mom that she got to do that spontaneous date, and cool for Z too. I always dreamed of that as a grandparent, but it was not meant to be for us, I guess. With our kids living in other towns we miss those little things that mean so much. We have blessings, but not the ones of that sort. We've only been out in the car with our STL grandkids 2 times ever and 0 with our "European" granddaughter. They never go anywhere with Nana and Poppa because when we see them it is a family visit. Treasure those times - I know you do.