Thursday, May 1, 2008

Vacation: Day Two

Well I am HAPPY to report that Zachary did AWESOME in is portable crib. Not sure if it was because he was super tired but he just got in there and laid down. It was so nice.
Last night after I blogged we headed out on a walk around the resort. We came across "movie night" or what the resort calls "DIVE-IN". It was at the kiddos pool on a HUGE BIG screen t.v. I guess the idea is you can lay on your rafts in the pool and watch the movie. We just crashed on the pool furniture and watched a little of Napoleon Dynamite. Zachary's personal request was "The Bee Movie"...we're keeping our fingers cross for later in the week. HA!

This morning Kevin headed to his "Dawson Course". Meanwhile Z and I hit the pool. I think we were the first people out to the pool area. People must have thought we were nuts. We lathered up with sunscreen and swam. Zachary loved it. We met Kev on his breaks. After some more exploring of the resort we found mini-golf, paddle boats, several walking trails, and lots of neat restaurants. Since our early morning swim, Z and I have gotten into the pools three more times. He is turning into a little fish. In fact during lunch I could have sworn I saw fins growing out of his back. Another first for Z was that I ordered him a small chocolate shake after he ate his meal. He was in heaven!

After Kev got out of his class, we met him for a paddleboat ride. Zachary really enjoyed it. On the ride we saw a family of ducks, a swan, and lots of plants. After the ride we hopped in the pool for swim #4 for the day. Again Zachary was in heaven. After the swim we got Cobb salads for dinner. We are going to post this blog then head for a night walk on the beach. There is live music out there and the sun is setting. Gotta run. Talk to you all tomorrow. Love you all, HIL

Dive In Movie night at the pool

Kevin enjoying the movie

Zachary relaxing at movie night

Mommy & Zachary swimming

Zachary jumping off the edge

Zachary's 1st EVER chocolate shake
A Paddleboat ride

Zachary's exciting find on the boat ride. He was very excited to see the DUCKS.

A night swim with Dad

3 comments:

Melody said...

Looks like you are having a blast! I will talk to you sometime tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm SO jealous!!! I can't wait to be on summer break. It looks like you guys are having such a fun, relaxing time in FL:)

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Here is a hint: Maybe Zachary likes to be on the go...he's sleeping well, he's eating well and enjoying the luxuries of life ie. Napoleaon Dynamite & chocalate shakes; and I also see he like his umbrella stroller. I think he is my child. Good job, Zachy! Aunt Rachel can't wait to hear about your adventures.