Friday, May 23, 2008

Christmas In MAY

2 BLOG Post in one day. Check out the post before this one too!


This spring we have done a lot of outdoor remodeling around the house. First we added a fence. We thought a fence would be perfect for Zachary to play in the back yard. Then we added the flower boxes to the front windows. I love them and will enjoy the flowers all summer long. Lastly, we are getting a water irrigation system in the front & back yard. I am so excited that I do not have to go out and move the sprinklers every 30 minutes.

So now that everything is almost done (the sprinkler should be up and working on Monday) we went outside to play and there is nothing to play with. Zachary ends up going over to our neighbors to swing and play. THANK YOU SWATEKS! With that said, today Zachary got a couple Christmas presents in May. Paw Paw Marv came over to install a swing we purchased for Z. See I told you I had my own personal handyman. Then Kevin put together a plastic slide thingy for Zachary. It's nothing like our good friends, Kim & Casey Moore's play land, but it's a start for a 20 month old. Zachary loved going out to the backyard to see his new toys. Of course, I am just as excited because we can just step outside and play. Now all we need are some of Zachary's friends to come over...Elliott, Charley, Carina, Celeste...Come on over. We're are ready for summer!

Surprise Zachary!!!

Zachary and Daddy checking out the plastic thingy.

Zachary enjoying his new outdoor toy.

He loves it!

Zachary showing off his new swing

Zachary says, "Come on over to play. I have lots of toys to share".

4 comments:

Melody said...

Love the flower boxes! Charley is looking forward to coming over very soon and playing with Zach on his new toys!! Hopefully we will see you next week!

Casey and Kim said...

Hey now I am giving you the "just you wait" speech. We started with one swing and one plastic thingy too! Give Marvin lots of hugs and start hitting him up now. I bet you will have playland and a little sibling to fight with over it in less than three years sister!
Enjoy your new stuff Z!
flowe boxes are so cute!

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

I will be right over...that is of course to play inside :( It looks so fun and Zachy looks like he loves it. Hopefully, these allergies will begin to go away and I can come play outside too.
Love, Elliott

Julie Anne Pettyjohn said...

Hey Hil: Zach will like the "plastic thingy" for a long time even when it seems he may be too big for it - at least I know that Berkeley and Addison play with theirs a lot. Where did you hook up your swing? To some rafters? I ask because Jim and I would like to have a few things for when our 4 grandkids come to "Nana and Poppa's" but our back yard is fairly small and they are not here all that much so we don't want to take over the yard with playthings. Have any suggestions? We looked at swing sets but they are too big for us. I would like maybe a very small frame with either one swing and a slide or two swings - something fun but not too overpowering. Do you or any of your young mom-friends have any suggestions? By the way, love the pics. Stay cool this summer.