Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baker University, Alpha Chi Omega, Three Stooges...Oh MY!


This weekend has been a LONG awaited weekend. My alma mater, Baker University always holds an alumni weekend in May. I have not been back since I graduated in 2001. This year my sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, celebrated 100 years on campus. So I had to go back to visit my sorority sisters, see the campus, and take Kevin to Baker. This was Kevin's first trip to a piece of heaven on earth...Baldwin City, KS.

Kevin and I dropped Z off with my parents for the weekend and headed to Olathe on Saturday morning. We were very excited to see my best friends from Baker (Julie & Megan) along with their significant others, and my good friend & sorority sister Mara. After we met up, we piled in the car to head to Baker. Upon arriving to Baker we went to the AXO house where we reunited with my AXO "daughter" Leigh, my AXO "mom" Kaci, and lots of other AXO sisters. It was just like old times. As soon as I walked back into the house several memories and emotions filled my heart. It was just like yesterday when I walked into house. So many of my AXO sisters helped put on this AWESOME celebration for which I am thankful. You guys did at great job! Leigh, Beth, Jess, Kaci, Lindsay...THANK YOU! My good friend Susan McNeal from Springfield also made the trip to Baker to celebrate with her pledge class, so that was awesome to see her there too.

After the dinner we headed back to Olathe to hang out at Julie's boyfriends house Jeff. They both were EXCELLENT hosts and took good care of us. We had a baby shower that evening at 11 pm for Megs, Aaron and their soon-to-be daughter. For those of you who know Julie, Megs, and I you know our "RENT" performances. We did sing a little song from RENT before Megs opened her gifts. It was a fun night. Sunday we woke up and headed to First Watch for Breakfast. I was sad that our time together was over. After breakfast, Kevin wanted to hit Cabella's and Dick Sporting Goods so we went there with Julie and Jeff. It was nice to visit a little more. Then we said our good byes and headed down the highway. On our way home, Kevin and I talked about how blessed we are to have such wonderful friends. No matter how much time has passed between our visits we always reconnect and enjoy each other. Thanks for a fun weekend. A-L-P-H-A C-H-I O-M-E-G-A!

Click on photo box to view photos from the weekend!

No comments: