Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 3: Vacation

Well, last night after I posted our blog we went for a long walk around the grounds. Zachary mellowed out and fell asleep as soon as we returned to our room. Again we are so glad that his sleeping has not been an issue.

Today we woke up. Kev went to his classes. Zachary and I enjoyed our breakfast of bagels and bananas. Z wanted to eat it like a monkey. (Sidenote: usually I slice each piece into what I call "banana coins". However I doubt the cleanliness of the knifes in our room so he got to eat it out of the peel). After breakfast we went to the Starbucks to get mommy her morning energy. After coffee we swam and then went on a 3 mile walk. Z crashed in the stroller. After our walk/nap we had a lunch date. My cobb salad was so good last night that I ordered it again. We met Kev/Dad for his breaks. This afternoon we were in the room napping and showering. I am pleased to report our sunscreen is working. YEAH!!!

Tonight we drove to Tampa (approx 15 miles) to eat at one of my favorite chain restaurants...Bahama Breeze. They have one in St. Louis but we never go there. Last time we ate at one was in Orlando for Kevin's Ortho Boards. Let me just say that this trip to Bahama Breeze was a lot different than last. We did not think the menu was as good as the last time. Also we had a very tired, hungry little guy. Luckily our wait was only like 3 minutes. Zachary got his dinner first...BIG MISTAKE. As soon as ours arrived he was "DONE". He threw the biggest fit. Everyone began staring. I tried to do what our friend, JAMES DOBSON, recommends. I took him to the bathroom and told him that mommy & daddy still needed to eat. I don't think he heard a thing I said because there was beach music on in the bathroom. He was too busy dancing. When we returned back to the table he lost it. I told Kevin to finish his meal and get mine packed up. This was the first time in Zacharys life that we have done this. You'll see me holding my coconut shrimp in the photo. That was the last time I touched them in the restaurant. Z and I went outside. Kevin brought my food and I ate it in the car. Once we got in the car Zachary crashed. Poor guy. I think he has a little too much vacation.
Well, I did not mean to make this a long blog. Zachary is ready for bed but he
is begging me to tell you that the baby ducks are doing great. We have stopped to see them several times today. Rumor has it that another set of ducklings hatched overnight. We have not seen them though.

Well, nothing else is new. We are thoroughly enjoying ourselves. Tomorrow our Austin family from Naples is joining us. We are really looking forward to it. Talk to you guys later. Love HIL

Last nights Florida sunset

Zachary's breakfast of champions

YUMMY!!

Staying hydrated...Zachary always has a drink in his hand.

My lunch date at B.R. Cuda's. Cobb Salad Day 2

Zachary & Daddy at Bahama Breeze

Zachary excited about coloring on the menu

Mommy excited about coconut shrimp

Zachary's Ducks

2 comments:

Melody said...

I am working on being the first comment on your blog each day of your vacations. So far, so good!! I am ready for you to come home and Charley misses Zach terribly. Have fun tomorrow with your family and I will talk to you sometime.

Mary Stephenson said...

Ok, I'll settle for being the 2nd post on your blog for today :) Just know that you are not the only one who has had to wolf down dinner in the car because of babies. . .what we do for the little precious ones we love! Here's a funny Riley story for you: I had a dance recital tonight, I started a tap class a few months ago. As I walked onto the stage (in a big auditorium) I hear Riley, "Hi Mommy!" from the BACK row of the auditorium! And of course when I exited the stage I heard her again, "Where Mommy go?" She is so funny. Anyhoot, reading your blog and picturing Z dancing in the restroom to the beach music while your are trying to talk to him is just hilarious! I luv ya, Hil!! Go sunscreen!