Saturday, December 15, 2012

I'm Proud to Be An American!

Zachary's elementary hosted a very sweet Veteran's Day Assembly.  I was relieved that Zach's school hosted theirs on Monday, November 12th and my nephew Elliott's school hosted their Veteran's Day assembly was on Friday November 9th. This meant that my parents could be honored at both events and both boys were so excited to show off their granparents.  I am amazed and so blessed that my parents and father-in-law are US Veterans who served in Viet Nam. I tell my mother-in-law that she served too because she was back in West Virigina raising a one year old son while her husband was in Viet Nam fighting for our daily freedoms so really that makes all four of Zach & Will's grandparents Veterans. 
 
The morning started out with a coffee & breakfast in the Art Room of Z's school. Very sweet of the staff and students to do this.
 Will enjoyed all the attention too! Cheese ball!
 My father-in-law and Kevin were in South Dakota pheasant hunting. They had planned their hunting trip 9 months ago. We were bummed that Marv could not be at the assembly so we took lots of pictures to share with him.
 Zachary with Grams & Pops
 MaMaw with Zachary
 All of the Veteran's represented at Zachary's elementary school. Thanks for serving!
 Grams & Pops on the 2nd row
 I submitted all of their photos for a slide show to be shown at the assembly. Unfortunately they did not get put in the show. Not sure what happened but I am glad that I now have these pictures in digital form for our records. 

Here's Papaw's veterans photo. Probably one of the coolest photos I have ever seen.
 Here's Pops photo in Viet Nam. Nice mustache dad!

Here is a pic of my mom with 4 wounded soldiers.  My mom said it was never this quiet or peaceful in Viet Nam. But this was the day before Christmas and these soldiers were supposed to be back with their group in the jungle. However one of the doctors couldn't send them back out their on Christmas so he let them get an extra day in the hospital.
I'm so proud of my family. I'm so proud of the sacrifices that they made. I'm proud of the individuals that I do not know that served and are serving. Thank You just doesn't seem like enough. 

No comments: