Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Super Hero Halloween 2012

Zachary has been talking about Halloween since Halloween 2011.  He wanted us all to dress up and in March he decided we were all to be Batman Characters.  Well, this mama was not about to squeeze her post- 2 baby body into a Cat Woman costume so I started to research other super hero costumes for me and a 1 year old.  Back in June I purchased Batman & Robin online and on sale per Zachary's request.  He was very adament that his dad and him were going to be Batman & Robin the dynamic duo. 
 
 
I found a picture on Pinterest and gave it to my very talented and creative friend Rebecca along with my measurement and she whipped up my SuperWoman costume.  I won't lie I sure did love having someone in my house in a tutu. As a mom of boys we NEVER have tulle or sparkles in our home.  It was  A LOT of fun! I found a Captain America costume for a 12 month old and then just had to sit around and wait for Halloween.
I do not love the "dark" side of Halloween but I sure do love dressing up, visiting family, friends, and our neighbors, and the CANDY! I LOVE CANDY!
 
 On the Saturday before Halloween we decided to Trick or Treat at my In-laws house because we knew we couldn't get all the stops in on the actual Halloween night.  When Zachary rang the doorbell two cowboys answered the door.  It was hysterical.  My in-laws spent an entire morning finding the perfect mustache and getting their costumes ready.
 Family photo at MaMaw & PaPaws
 The Boys with their grandparents

 
 After Z looked at the digital photos he realized Batmans' ears were bending. So Kevin and his dad went into the laundry room to starch the ears and blow dry them. I about died when I walked in and saw this.  I remember saying to my father-in-law, "I bet you never thought you would be starching your son's batman ears!" LOL!

Ears are much better now! By the way where are my husbands adorable squinty eyes?

 On Halloween we went to Aunt Steph & Uncle Keran's. This is a tradition. We get there around 5. Aunt Steph has a buffet of hot dogs, soups, mac& Cheese, and dessert. 
 Robin with Uncle Keran
 Poor Will was scared to pieces of Kerans wig.  Once he took it off Will was fine.
 After dinner we went trick or treating in our neighborhood.  Zachary has never actually gone door-to-door because we are running to and from grandparents houses and stuff. But since we did that during the weekend we got to go door-to-door. Zachary's favorite stop was his Kindergarten teachers house. 
 We then went home and Batman & Robin went back out on our street.  When Zachary returned home he was on cloud 9 because everyone made comments about Batman & Robin's costumes.  He told me that people thought they were "the real Batman & Robin". And folks thats why we dressed up. It made Zach's night..a memory he will have forever.  I know one of these years he won't want to dress up and it won't be cool to be seen with your parents so while he is six I am going to treasure EVERY MINUTE!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

So cute, Hil! Love that you got the whole family involved. Happy Halloween...in December. :)