Sunday, December 30, 2012

2nd Annual Moss Weekend

So some of our bestest friends have started coming to our house the first weekend in December. This was our second "ANNUAL" Christmas fun weekend.  Becki and I had been corresponding over e-mail about things we wanted to do with the kiddos.  To be honest we could sit around in our pjs all weekend long and never leave the house and we would be 100% content.  Our husbands went to school together since Kindergarten.  Becki and I just clicked from the first time I met her.  We were both in the same sorority and we both just LOVE projects and crafts.  I look SO forward to this weekend.  Zachary does too. He can't wait for Libby (4) and Elin (1) to arrive.  Our kids get a long so well together.  Love that! 
 
Last year, when they came a surprise vistor followed them to our house.  Buddy the ELF, Libby & Elin's female Elf-On_the Shelf!  So of course she had to return for another weekend of fun with our elf "Shorty".  When we awoke on Friday morning both elves had gotten into my wrapping paper and wrapped gifts for all of the kids.
 
 Love, Shorty & Buddy
 Zach & Will's gifts
 Libby & Elin's Gifts
 Lib and Zach were super excited to find the elves and the gifts
 Will loves unwrapping so he was excited too

 
 Christmas PJS!

Elin & Will (1 month apart...Elin is older)

 Z was being silly and put on Libby's tutu that went around her adorable I Heart Santa Pjs.
 We went to SDC to look at the Christmas lights.  Beck took all the pics but I pulled my camera out on our way home. The boys changed into their new pjs in our van. 
 Again since Beck was the professional photographer for the weekend I did not take pics of the crafts, cookie decorating, painting, etc.  I did however snap an automatic timer pic before they left.  The first one is what our life really looked like during the weekend.  Just craziness.  I took Will to our pediatrician's office first thing on Sat morning while Beck watched the kids. He had a massive ear infection. Elin had pneumonia.  Zach & Libby were on cloud nine because they had 3 days together. Kevin and Ryan were on cloud nine because they went shooting and did guy things all weekend.  So it was choatic at times. I wouldn't have changed it for a thing.  Great memories with Great friends!
 Take II....here's the second automatic timer picture that is a little better. Elin is hiding between Becki & Ryan.
I love having close friends that we can be "real" with and share life with. Looking forward to our Christmas weekend in 2013.

No comments: